Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God's good to us.

I feel like God is good to us.
I know it but I don't always feel it.
But I feel it for now. I enjoy that because lately this early past weekend and a few of the days last week I didn't always feel like this. I felt kind of like I just didn't feel like I loved God enough or was a good enough Christian or something of that sort. I just felt like I could do better. I don't know if that was conviction or just a way to bring me closer to God really. But I definitely think that after I prayed for that it happened this weekend! But not til the end.

I got baptized this weekend :)
I was having a really rough Sunday morning. I went home to meet people at Church but on the way picked up my brother with my sis and her bf(he went the 1st time to church with us!) and everything was just going wrong this morning and everything my brother said seemed to just not be supportive somehow but i knew he didnt mean it. I ended up being a mess and not in a good state to meet the people that the intern i've been in touch with at the Church had asked to meet me and gathered, which was kind of him. So, it was emotional and i broke down at church and felt like I wasn't being a good Christian and trusting in God because I was so discouraged and getting affected by everything. But a stranger lady in the bathroom, Michelle, prayed with me to trust in God. and be able to grow closer to Him through whatever was bringing me down. When i went back into the service, i realized it was a baptism splash, long story short, God told me to trust in Him and rely on Him again and be truthful about my life and that yes, i couldn't be perfect and all ready and the good happy Christian girl i wanted to be today to meet the potential supporters. I don't know where it'll come from, but I know I just have to leave it up to God and keep trying and not feel like I'm failing because that would not be trusting Him. I spontaneously got baptized today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I needed that for God and for me and God. And also Brian got baptized and we dovoted more of ourselves and our hearts to Jesus. It was amazing to do that together as well!

My grandma and grandpa are coming to Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Church, I told my parents and they were kind of eh about it because I had been baptized. But I was totally reliant on God again and reminded to give myself completely to Him. I need to be in the Word more so I don't have to remind myself of this! But I went to hang out with my grandparents and they have been on my heart! But we ended up talking about my grandma's eye and how it's hard for her to see and open her eyes. Then she talked about dying and heaven and hell and it just led in to God talk. and how to get to heaven. My grandma said she didnt know if she was going, and no one knew until after. But I got to share the great GOOD NEWS with her and my grandpa and it made sense to them. They told me about how they believe Jesus saved them and how he died for us! And my grandma even started to tell me about the Bible stories and moses and jesus' birth and adam and eve and the disciples, lots! It was awesome hearing!!!!! THEN WE PRAYED TOGETHER holding hands to make sure we knew that we were all going to Heaven together! And that we knew Jesus is our savior! IT WAS AMAZING! The explaining part of the good news was hard because I kept forgetting how to say GOD, JESUS, and HEAVEN in chinese. Lol, the 3 crucial words. So, I was speaking chinglish, chinese and english. But it was just so greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

I'm committing to reading my Bible everyday. I need God in my life.

From Chelsie McNeil, Thanks girl.

Some words of encouragement:
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” –John 15:7

---Pretty sweet promises He has for us :)


Trusting in Him,
Christina

p.s. support raising is such hard work to do, but it's kind of fun as well and enjoyable. i just know it's all up to God to provide it and not me.

p.s.s. today my grandma did keep calling me "dumb" when she found out how much money I needed to raise for support. i don't think she understands that part and i don't think i did a good enough job explaining because of the slight language barrier, my chinese can get pretty rough, but it wasn't as discouraging as it could've been because i was explaining to her why i knew it was a lot but God was big enough for that.

goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment